As per our Terms and Conditions
At Heart Bingo we realize that mistakes happen, and we will do everything we can to try and resolve your complaint the first time we hear of it on “Live Chat” via our website or by email at email@example.com However if your problem is not rectified at this point please use the complaint's procedure detailed below:
3. DISPUTES AND COMPLAINTS
3.1 Disputes / Complaints relating to Casino Wagers on Heart Bingo Website only.
3.1.1 STEP 1: INTERNAL INVESTIGATION
The Customer should contact Heart Bingo setting out details of the complaint or dispute within twelve (12) months of the date that the dispute / complaint arose, using one of the following methods:
• the chat function on the Heart Bingo Website;
• text us on + 447537416837
• email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Customer will receive an automated response with receipt of the complaint or dispute. Heart Bingo will then review the complaint or dispute internally and respond to the Customer fully within fourteen (14) days.
3.1.2 STEP 2: DEPARTMENT MANAGEMENT TEAM REVIEW
Where the customer is dissatisfied with the response provided under step 1, the Customer may request that the Department Manager reviews the original outcome of the complaint/dispute. The Department Management Team will respond to the Customer within fourteen (14) days of the date of the request.
In order to escalate the complaint to step 2, the Customer should contact Heart Bingo via email and mark the communication “Step 2 Complaint Management Review”.
3.1.3 STEP 3: DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER SERVICES REVIEW
Where the Customer is dissatisfied with the response provided under Steps 1 and 2, the Customer may request that the Director of Customer Services reviews the original outcome of the complaint / dispute. The Customer should email email@example.com. The Director of Customer Services will respond to the Customer within twenty-one (21) days of the date of the request.
In the unlikely event that the Director of Customer Services is unavailable, the complaint will be reviewed by a nominated member of Senior Management.
Complaints to this level will only be reviewed following steps 1 and 2 of the process, all others will be referred back to the relevant step for initial investigations to be completed.
The Steps 1 to 3 process will take no longer than eight (08) weeks from when Heart Bingo first receives the Customer complaint (the “Maximum Timeframe”). Within the Maximum Timeframe, where a Customer fails to respond to a reasonable request for information within seven (07) days, it may be reasonable to “stop the clock” until such time as the Customer responds. When the Customer has responded, the “clock” will be restarted from the same point as it was stopped.
If an agreement cannot be reached within the Maximum Timeframe, or the Customer and Heart Bingo reach a deadlock or final position in less than the Maximum Timeframe, then the Director of Customer Services will issue a final letter (the “Final Letter”) to indicate:
(a) Heart Bingo’s final decision;
(b) that Steps 1, 2 and 3 have been exhausted; and
(c) how to escalate a complaint (as set out in Step 4 below).
Upon receipt of the Final Letter, or if a Final Letter is not issued by Heart Bingo within the Maximum Timeframe, the Customer can commence the process set out in Step 4 below.
Alternatively, the Customer may send their complaint/dispute to www.Resolver.co.uk (“Resolver”). Resolver is a third party online company specializing in resolution of issues, in association with www.moneysavingexpert.com. On accessing Resolver and typing “Heart Bingo” into the company search box, the Heart Bingo details will appear with a “Get Started” tab and self-explanatory steps as to how the Customer can start the complaint through Resolver. The service is free of charge for the Customer and Heart Bingo to use.
3.1.4 STEP 4: INDEPENDENT BETTING ADJUDICATION SERVICE
(a) Heart Bingo always seeks to resolve Customer complaints or disputes internally, but there are instances where the Customer and Heart Bingo cannot come to an agreeable solution. If the Customer is dissatisfied with the result under Step 3 above, the Customer may refer the complaint or dispute to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (“IBAS”) for independent alternative dispute resolution. If this Customer wishes to progress this option, it should inform Heart Bingo, who will then issue the Customer with a referral number (essential to progress) to present to IBAS.
(b) What is IBAS?
• IBAS is a free of charge service available to the Customer;
• IBAS is a subscription service to Heart Bingo, for which Heart Bingo pays an annual membership;
• IBAS is approved by the Great Britain Gambling Commission to provide informed and impartial adjudications on disputes that arise between licenced gambling operators (Heart Bingo) and their customers;
• The IBAS process may only be used where the Customer has completed Step 3 above and is not satisfied with the outcome;
• An IBAS rulings is non-binding for the Customer, who is free to pursue any case through the court system after using IBAS;
• An IBAS ruling is binding on Heart Bingo up to the value of ten thousand pounds Sterling (GB £10,000). Above that threshold, Heart Bingo may demand that the dispute is heard by a court;
• IBAS will provide a decision within ninety (90) days of the date of referral of the dispute to IBAS; and
• IBAS can be contacted as follows:
Phone: +44 207 347 5883
Postal Address: PO BOX 62639, London, EC3P 3AS, United Kingdom.
(c) Does IBAS cover all types of complaints and disputes?
IBAS does not cover:
• Any dispute relating to the standard of service provided by Heart Bingo to the Customer, including anything relating to the facilities used where the gambling takes places (i.e. websites);
• Allegations of fixing, cheating or games operated in an unfair manner (which should be referred to the Gambling Commission of Great Britain for Customers located in Great Britain or to the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner or Revenue Commissioners of Ireland (as applicable);
• Social responsibility standards maintained by Heart Bingo. IBAS does not consider claims by Customers that he/she has been allowed to gamble excessively, or that persons under the Minimum Age have been allowed to gamble. These are standards that are policed by the Gambling Commission of Great Britain or the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner or Revenue Commissioners of Ireland (as applicable); and
• Complaints about bets that were never processed/ refunded or accounts that are restricted or closed, thereby denying the Customer the opportunity to bet. Heart Bingo is permitted to refuse to accept bets. IBAS will not adjudicate to reinstate a bet that was never struck and where the Customer bore no potential risk had their selection been unsuccessful. However, where a Customer is complaining that their Account has been closed and bets or transactions that have previously been accepted have later been cancelled unfairly, that would fall under the remit of IBAS.
3.1.5 STEP 5: THE ONLINE DISPUTE RESOLUTION SERVICES
The Customer may escalate the matter to the European Online Dispute Resolution Services (ODR) here. The ODR platform is provided by the European Commission to make online shopping safer and fairer through access to quality dispute resolution tools. The ODR is not connected to Heart Bingo and is available in all EU languages.
3.2 REGULATORY COMPLAINTS
The Customer should follow the below process if it has a regulatory complaint against Heart Bingo that has arisen within the last twelve (12) months:
3.2.1 Step 1: Internal Investigation
The Customer should follow the same process as set out in Clause 3.1.1 above.
3.2.2 Step 2: Department Management Team Review
The Customer should follow the same process as set out in Clause 3.1.2 above.
3.2.3 Step 3: Director of Customer Services Review
The Customer should follow the same process as set out in Clause 3.1.3 above.
3.2.4 Step 4: Identify Relevant Gambling Commission
The Customer should refer to Clause 2.7 above and identify which gambling commission to contact, using the “Applies to Customers Located In” heading for reference. Please note that it is the Customer’s responsibility to raise the complaint with the relevant gambling commission, and complaints which are raised to the incorrect gambling commission may not elicit a response.
3.2.5 Step 5: Contact the Relevant Gambling Commission
The Customer should finally contact the relevant gambling commission, stating that it has a “regulatory complaint against Heart Bingo”. If the Customer specifies that it is “lodging a dispute against Heart Bingo”, the Customer would be referred to IBAS for resolution. With specific reference to the Gambling Commission of Great Britain, note that it will not conduct an investigation in the same way as IBAS, so there will not be a published final decision or a financial award to a Customer.