Not all advertisement on Social Media is for you. We understand that sometimes you want to see less advertising on your social media accounts. Below is a brief guide on how to limit the adverts that you see on your social media feeds.
Blocking a Facebook account will stop them from being able to advertise to you. If you do not wish to see any adverts from Heart Bingo, the simplest way is to block the Heart Bingo Facebook account.
Your Facebook Ad Preferences include some settings which do apply to your ad experiences on both Facebook and Instagram. If you make a choice in your Facebook ads preferences, Facebook will apply some of these choices to your ads on Instagram as well. To make sure your ad preferences are applied, connect your Instagram account to your Facebook account.
To hide a Facebook ad:
- Click “…” on the top right corner of the ad.
- Choose “Hide ad”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
To hide all ads from Heart Bingo:
- Click “…” on the top right corner of the ad and choose “Why am I seeing this?”
- From the Options dropdown menu, select “Hide all ads from this advertiser”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Blocking an Instagram account will stop them from being able to advertise to you. If you do not wish to see any adverts from Heart Bingo the simplest way is to block the Heart Bingo Instagram account.
To hide an Instagram ad:
- Press “…” in the top right of a sponsored post.
- Press “Hide ad”.
- Below “Why are you hiding this ad?”, you can select from a list of options why you don’t like the ad.
To report an Instagram ad:
- Press “…” in the top right “of a sponsored post.
- Choose “Report Ad”.
- Below “Why are you reporting this ad?”, select the appropriate options as to why you’re reporting the advert.
To adjust your ad topic preferences:
- Press the icon in the bottom right of Instagram to go to your profile.
- Press the three lines in the top right of your profile.
- Press Settings > Ads > Ad Topic Preferences.
- Press the circle to the right of the topic that you’d like to see fewer ads.
- Press Save.
Adjusting your device settings:
You can opt-out of seeing ads based on your browsing data in your device settings. This setting controls the Instagram ads you’ll see on the device you’re using.
Blocking a Twitter account will stop them from being able to advertise to you. If you do not wish to see any adverts from Heart Bingo, the simplest way is to block the Heart Bingo Twitter account.
Restrict interest-based ads
If you do not want Twitter to show you interest-based ads on and off Twitter, there are a few ways to turn off this feature:
- Using your Twitter settings, visit the Personalisation and data settings and adjust the setting Personalise ads.
- If you are on the web, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice tool at aboutads.info to opt-out of seeing interest-based advertising from Twitter in your current browser.
Opting out of Twitter’s interest-based ads won’t stop you from seeing Twitter ads altogether. You may still see ads on Twitter that are personalised based on other information from your activity on Twitter.
Remove unwanted ads on Google provided services:
Next to an ad:
- On Google Search on your phone or tablet, select “Info i” and then “Why this ad”. Turn off “Show ads from Heart Bingo”.
- On YouTube, select “Info i” and then “Stop seeing this ad”.
- On Gmail, select “Info i” and then “Control ads like this” and then “Block this advertiser”.
Remove unwanted ads on websites & apps that partner with Google to show ads:
- At the top right of an ad, select “Remove X” and then “Stop seeing this ad”.
- At the top right of an ad, select “Remove X” and then “Report this ad”.
Turn off personalised ads:
- Go to Ad Settings page.
- Choose where you want the change to apply:
- On all devices where you’re signed in: If you aren’t signed in, at the top right, select “Sign in”. Follow the steps.
- On your current device or browser: Stay signed out.
- Turn off “Ad Personalisation”
You can also turn off personalisation for your browser by installing the Interest-Based Ads Opt-Out extension.